External causes of morbidity
Bus occupant injured in transport accident
Bus occupant injured in collision with pedal cycle
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V71.7XXS
Person on outside of bus injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V71.7XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person outside bus inj in clsn w pedl cyc in traf, sequela
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V71.7XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V71.7XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V71.7XXS may differ.
- V71.7XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V71.7XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V71.7XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V71.7XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V71.7XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V71.7XXS
Passenger on bus injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Person on outside of bus injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of bus injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Bus occupant injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle
Driver of bus injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle in nontraffic accident
Passenger on bus injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.