External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Animal-rider or occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V80.928A
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in other transport accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V80.928A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Occupant of anml-drn vehicle injured in oth trnsp acc, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V80.928A became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V80.928A - other international versions of ICD-10 V80.928A may differ.
- V80.928A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V80.928A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V80.928A
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V80.928A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V80.928A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V80.928A
Animal-rider injured in unspecified transport accident
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in other and unspecified transport accidents
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in transport accident with military vehicle
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in other transport accident
…… initial encounter
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in unspecified transport accident
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in transport accident
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in collision with motor vehicle in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.