External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in transport accident
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V81.2XXS
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in collision with or hit by rolling stock, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V81.2XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Occ of rail trn/veh inj in collisn/hit by roll stok, sequela
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM V81.2XXS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V81.2XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V81.2XXS may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V81.2XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V81.2XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V81.2XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V81.2XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V81.2XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V81.2XXS
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in collision with motor vehicle in traffic accident
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in collision with or hit by rolling stock
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in collision with other object
Person injured while boarding or alighting from railway train or railway vehicle
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured by fall in railway train or railway vehicle
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.