External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in transport accident
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V81.81XD
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured due to explosion or fire on train, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V81.81XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Occ of rail trn/veh inj d/t explosn or fire on train, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V81.81XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V81.81XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V81.81XD may differ.
- V81.81XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V81.81XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V81.81XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V81.81XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V81.81XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V81.81XD
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in derailment without antecedent collision
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured in other specified railway accidents
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured due to explosion or fire on train
…… subsequent encounter
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured due to object falling onto train
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured due to collision with military vehicle
Occupant of railway train or railway vehicle injured due to other specified railway accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.