External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special vehicle mainly used on industrial premises injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V83.4XXA
Person injured while boarding or alighting from special industrial vehicle, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V83.4XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person inj wh brd/alit from special industr vehicle, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V83.4XXA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V83.4XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V83.4XXA may differ.
- V83.4XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V83.4XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V83.4XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V83.4XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V83.4XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V83.4XXA
Person on outside of special industrial vehicle injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of special industrial vehicle injured in traffic accident
Person injured while boarding or alighting from special industrial vehicle
…… initial encounter
Driver of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Passenger of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.