External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special vehicle mainly used on industrial premises injured in transport accident
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V83.7XXA
Person on outside of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V83.7XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person outside special industr vehicle injured nontraf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V83.7XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V83.7XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V83.7XXA may differ.
- V83.7XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V83.7XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V83.7XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V83.7XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V83.7XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V83.7XXA
Driver of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Passenger of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Person on outside of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
…… initial encounter
Unspecified occupant of special industrial vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Occupant of special vehicle mainly used in agriculture injured in transport accident
Driver of special agricultural vehicle injured in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.