External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special vehicle mainly used in agriculture injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V84.2XXS
Person on outside of special agricultural vehicle injured in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V84.2XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person outside special agri vehicle injured in traf, sequela
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V84.2XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V84.2XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V84.2XXS may differ.
- V84.2XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V84.2XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V84.2XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V84.2XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V84.2XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V84.2XXS
Passenger of special agricultural vehicle injured in traffic accident
Person on outside of special agricultural vehicle injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of special agricultural vehicle injured in traffic accident
Person injured while boarding or alighting from special agricultural vehicle
Driver of special agricultural vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.