External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special construction vehicle injured in transport accident
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V85.3XXA
Unspecified occupant of special construction vehicle injured in traffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V85.3XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Occup of special construction vehicle injured in traf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V85.3XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V85.3XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V85.3XXA may differ.
- V85.3XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V85.3XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V85.3XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V85.3XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V85.3XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V85.3XXA
Passenger of special construction vehicle injured in traffic accident
Person on outside of special construction vehicle injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of special construction vehicle injured in traffic accident
…… initial encounter
Person injured while boarding or alighting from special construction vehicle
Driver of special construction vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.