External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special construction vehicle injured in transport accident
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V85.5XXA
Driver of special construction vehicle injured in nontraffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V85.5XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Driver of special construction vehicle injured nontraf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V85.5XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V85.5XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V85.5XXA may differ.
- V85.5XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V85.5XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V85.5XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V85.5XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V85.5XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V85.5XXA
Unspecified occupant of special construction vehicle injured in traffic accident
Person injured while boarding or alighting from special construction vehicle
Driver of special construction vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
…… initial encounter
Passenger of special construction vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Person on outside of special construction vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.