External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle, injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V86.14XA
Passenger of military vehicle injured in traffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V86.14XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Passenger of military vehicle injured in traf, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V86.14XA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V86.14XA - other international versions of ICD-10 V86.14XA may differ.
- V86.14XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V86.14XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V86.14XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V86.14XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V86.14XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V86.14XA
Passenger of snowmobile injured in traffic accident
Passenger of dune buggy injured in traffic accident
Passenger of military vehicle injured in traffic accident
…… initial encounter
Passenger of 3- or 4- wheeled all-terrain vehicle (ATV) injured in traffic accident
Passenger of dirt bike or motor/cross bike injured in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.