External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle, injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V86.32XS
Unspecified occupant of snowmobile injured in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V86.32XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Occup of snowmobile injured in traffic accident, sequela
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V86.32XS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V86.32XS - other international versions of ICD-10 V86.32XS may differ.
- V86.32XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V86.32XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V86.32XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V86.32XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V86.32XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V86.32XS
Unspecified occupant of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of ambulance or fire engine injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of snowmobile injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of dune buggy injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of military vehicle injured in traffic accident
Unspecified occupant of 3- or 4- wheeled all-terrain vehicle (ATV) injured in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.