External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle, injured in transport accident
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V86.45XD
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a 3- or 4- wheeled all-terrain vehicle (ATV), subsequent encounter
2018 - New Code 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V86.45XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person injured wh brd/alit from a 3- or 4- wheeled ATV, subs
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V86.45XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V86.45XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V86.45XD may differ.
- V86.45XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V86.45XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V86.45XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V86.45XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V86.45XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): New code
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V86.45XD
Person injured while boarding or alighting from dune buggy
Person injured while boarding or alighting from military vehicle
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a 3- or 4- wheeled all-terrain vehicle (ATV)
…… subsequent encounter
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a dirt bike or motor/cross bike
Person injured while boarding or alighting from other special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle
Driver of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.