External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Occupant of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle, injured in transport accident
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V86.46XA
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a dirt bike or motor/cross bike, initial encounter
2018 - New Code 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V86.46XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Prsn inj wh brd/alit fr a dirt bike or motor/cross bike,init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V86.46XA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V86.46XA - other international versions of ICD-10 V86.46XA may differ.
- V86.46XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V86.46XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V86.46XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V86.46XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V86.46XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): New code
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V86.46XA
Person injured while boarding or alighting from military vehicle
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a 3- or 4- wheeled all-terrain vehicle (ATV)
Person injured while boarding or alighting from a dirt bike or motor/cross bike
…… initial encounter
Person injured while boarding or alighting from other special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle
Driver of special all-terrain or other off-road motor vehicle injured in nontraffic accident
Driver of ambulance or fire engine injured in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.