External causes of morbidity
Water transport accidents
Drowning and submersion due to accident to watercraft
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V90.27XD
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning water-skis, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V90.27XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Drown due to fall/jump fr burning water-skis, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V90.27XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V90.27XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V90.27XD may differ.
- V90.27XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V90.27XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V90.27XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V90.27XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V90.27XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V90.27XD
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning canoe or kayak
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning (nonpowered) inflatable craft
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning water-skis
…… subsequent encounter
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from other burning unpowered watercraft
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from unspecified burning watercraft
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from crushed watercraft
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.