External causes of morbidity
Water transport accidents
Other injury due to accident to watercraft
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V91.86XA
Other injury due to other accident to (nonpowered) inflatable craft, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V91.86XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth injury due to oth accident to inflatbl crft, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V91.86XA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V91.86XA - other international versions of ICD-10 V91.86XA may differ.
- V91.86XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V91.86XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V91.86XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V91.86XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V91.86XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V91.86XA
Other injury due to other accident to sailboat
Other injury due to other accident to canoe or kayak
Other injury due to other accident to (nonpowered) inflatable craft
…… initial encounter
Other injury due to other accident to water-skis
Other injury due to other accident to other unpowered watercraft
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.