External causes of morbidity
Water transport accidents
Other and unspecified water transport accidents
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V94.89XD
Other water transport accident, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V94.89XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V94.89XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V94.89XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V94.89XD may differ.
- V94.89XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V94.89XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V94.89XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V94.89XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V94.89XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V94.89XD
Civilian in water injured by military watercraft
Other water transport accident involving military watercraft
Other water transport accident
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified water transport accident
Accident to powered aircraft causing injury to occupant
Helicopter accident injuring occupant
Unspecified helicopter accident injuring occupant
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.