External causes of morbidity
Air and space transport accidents
Accident to powered aircraft causing injury to occupant
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V95.22XD
Forced landing of other private fixed-wing aircraft injuring occupant, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V95.22XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Forced landing of private fix-wing arcrft inj occupant, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V95.22XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V95.22XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V95.22XD may differ.
- V95.22XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V95.22XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V95.22XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V95.22XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V95.22XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V95.22XD
Unspecified accident to other private fixed-wing aircraft, injuring occupant
Other private fixed-wing aircraft crash injuring occupant
Forced landing of other private fixed-wing aircraft injuring occupant
…… subsequent encounter
Other private fixed-wing aircraft collision injuring occupant
Other private fixed-wing aircraft fire injuring occupant
Other private fixed-wing aircraft explosion injuring occupant
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.