External causes of morbidity
Air and space transport accidents
Accident to nonpowered aircraft causing injury to occupant
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V96.20XS
Unspecified glider (nonpowered) accident injuring occupant, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V96.20XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp glider (nonpowered) accident injuring occupant, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V96.20XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V96.20XS - other international versions of ICD-10 V96.20XS may differ.
- V96.20XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V96.20XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V96.20XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V96.20XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V96.20XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V96.20XS
Other hang-glider accident injuring occupant
Glider (nonpowered) accident injuring occupant
Unspecified glider (nonpowered) accident injuring occupant
Glider (nonpowered) crash injuring occupant
Forced landing of glider (nonpowered) injuring occupant
Glider (nonpowered) collision injuring occupant
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.