External causes of morbidity
Air and space transport accidents
Other specified air transport accidents
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V97.39XA
Other injury to person on ground due to air transport accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V97.39XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth injury to person on ground due to air trnsp acc, init
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V97.39XA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V97.39XA - other international versions of ICD-10 V97.39XA may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V97.39XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V97.39XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V97.39XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V97.39XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V97.39XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V97.39XA
Injured by rotating propeller
Other injury to person on ground due to air transport accident
…… initial encounter
Other air transport accidents, not elsewhere classified
Air transport accident involving military aircraft
Civilian aircraft involved in air transport accident with military aircraft
Civilian injured by military aircraft
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.