External causes of morbidity
Slipping, tripping, stumbling and falls
Other slipping, tripping and stumbling and falls
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W18.12XA
Fall from or off toilet with subsequent striking against object, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W18.12XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Fall from or off toilet w strike against object, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM W18.12XA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W18.12XA - other international versions of ICD-10 W18.12XA may differ.
- W18.12XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above W18.12XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W18.12XA
Convert W18.12XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W18.12XA
Striking against other object with subsequent fall
Fall from or off toilet
Fall from or off toilet without subsequent striking against object
Fall from or off toilet with subsequent striking against object
…… initial encounter
Fall in (into) shower or empty bathtub
Other and unspecified fall on same level
Fall on same level, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.