External causes of morbidity
Slipping, tripping, stumbling and falls
Other slipping, tripping and stumbling and falls
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W18.39XD
Other fall on same level, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W18.39XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM W18.39XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W18.39XD - other international versions of ICD-10 W18.39XD may differ.
- W18.39XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above W18.39XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W18.39XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- W18.39XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert W18.39XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W18.39XD
Fall on same level, unspecified
Fall on same level due to stepping on an object
Other fall on same level
…… subsequent encounter
Slipping, tripping and stumbling without falling
Slipping, tripping and stumbling without falling, unspecified
Slipping, tripping and stumbling without falling due to stepping on object
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.