External causes of morbidity
Exposure to inanimate mechanical forces
Contact with nonpowered hand tool
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W27.5XXD
Contact with paper-cutter, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W27.5XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM W27.5XXD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W27.5XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 W27.5XXD may differ.
- W27.5XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above W27.5XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W27.5XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- W27.5XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert W27.5XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W27.5XXD
Contact with needle (sewing)
Contact with kitchen utensil
Contact with paper-cutter
…… subsequent encounter
Contact with other nonpowered hand tool
Contact with powered lawn mower
Contact with powered lawn mower, initial encounter
Contact with powered lawn mower, subsequent encounter
Contact with powered lawn mower, sequela
Contact with other powered hand tools and household machinery
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.