External causes of morbidity
Exposure to inanimate mechanical forces
Explosion and rupture of gas cylinder
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W36.3XXS
Explosion and rupture of pressurized-gas tank, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W36.3XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM W36.3XXS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W36.3XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 W36.3XXS may differ.
- W36.3XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above W36.3XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W36.3XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- W36.3XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert W36.3XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W36.3XXS
Explosion and rupture of air tank
Explosion and rupture of pressurized-gas tank
Explosion and rupture of other gas cylinder
Explosion and rupture of unspecified gas cylinder
Explosion and rupture of pressurized tire, pipe or hose
Explosion of bicycle tire
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.