External causes of morbidity
Exposure to inanimate mechanical forces
Exposure to noise
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W42.0XXA
Exposure to supersonic waves, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W42.0XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM W42.0XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W42.0XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 W42.0XXA may differ.
- W42.0XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above W42.0XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W42.0XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- W42.0XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert W42.0XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W42.0XXA
Explosion of other specified explosive materials
Explosion of unspecified explosive materials
Exposure to supersonic waves
…… initial encounter
Exposure to other noise
Foreign body or object entering through skin
Nail entering through skin
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.