External causes of morbidity
Exposure to electric current, radiation and extreme ambient air temperature and pressure
Exposure to man-made visible and ultraviolet light W89- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as W89. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- exposure to welding light (arc)
- W89 Exposure to man-made visible and ultraviolet light
- W89.0 Exposure to welding light (arc)
- W89.1 Exposure to tanning bed
- W89.8 Exposure to other man-made visible and ultraviolet light
- W89.9 Exposure to unspecified man-made visible and ultraviolet light