External causes of morbidity
Intentional self-harm by other and unspecified firearm and gun discharge
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X74.09XD
Intentional self-harm by other gas, air or spring-operated gun, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X74.09XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Self-harm by oth gas, air or spring-operated gun, subs
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM X74.09XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X74.09XD - other international versions of ICD-10 X74.09XD may differ.
- X74.09XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above X74.09XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X74.09XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- X74.09XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert X74.09XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X74.09XD
Intentional self-harm by airgun
Intentional self-harm by paintball gun
Intentional self-harm by other gas, air or spring-operated gun
…… subsequent encounter
Intentional self-harm by other firearm discharge
Intentional self-harm by unspecified firearm discharge
Intentional self-harm by explosive material
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.