External causes of morbidity
Intentional self-harm by jumping or lying in front of moving object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X81.8XXD
Intentional self-harm by jumping or lying in front of other moving object, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X81.8XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Slf-hrm by jumping or lying in front of moving object, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM X81.8XXD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X81.8XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 X81.8XXD may differ.
- X81.8XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above X81.8XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X81.8XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- X81.8XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert X81.8XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X81.8XXD
Intentional self-harm by jumping or lying in front of motor vehicle
Intentional self-harm by jumping or lying in front of (subway) train
Intentional self-harm by jumping or lying in front of other moving object
…… subsequent encounter
Intentional self-harm by crashing of motor vehicle
Intentional collision of motor vehicle with other motor vehicle
Intentional collision of motor vehicle with train
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.