External causes of morbidity
Intentional self-harm by crashing of motor vehicle
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X82.8XXA
Other intentional self-harm by crashing of motor vehicle, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- X82.8XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth intentional self-harm by crashing of motor vehicle, init
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM X82.8XXA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X82.8XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 X82.8XXA may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X82.8XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above X82.8XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X82.8XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- X82.8XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert X82.8XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X82.8XXA
Intentional collision of motor vehicle with train
Intentional collision of motor vehicle with tree
Other intentional self-harm by crashing of motor vehicle
…… initial encounter
Intentional self-harm by other specified means
Intentional self-harm by crashing of aircraft
Intentional self-harm by electrocution
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.