External causes of morbidity
Assault by drowning and submersion
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X92.9XXA
Assault by drowning and submersion, unspecified, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X92.9XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Assault by drowning and submersion, unspecified, init encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM X92.9XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X92.9XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 X92.9XXA may differ.
- X92.9XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above X92.9XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X92.9XXA
Convert X92.9XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X92.9XXA
Assault by drowning and submersion in natural water
Other assault by drowning and submersion
Assault by drowning and submersion, unspecified
…… initial encounter
Assault by handgun discharge
Assault by handgun discharge, initial encounter
Assault by handgun discharge, subsequent encounter
Assault by handgun discharge, sequela
Assault by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.