External causes of morbidity
Assault by other and unspecified firearm and gun discharge
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X95.9XXS
Assault by unspecified firearm discharge, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X95.9XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM X95.9XXS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X95.9XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 X95.9XXS may differ.
- X95.9XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above X95.9XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X95.9XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- X95.9XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert X95.9XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X95.9XXS
Assault by other firearm discharge
Assault by unspecified firearm discharge
Assault by explosive material
Assault by antipersonnel bomb
Assault by gasoline bomb
Assault by letter bomb
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.