External causes of morbidity
Assault by steam, hot vapors and hot objects
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code X98.8XXA
Assault by other hot objects, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- X98.8XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM X98.8XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of X98.8XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 X98.8XXA may differ.
- X98.8XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above X98.8XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to X98.8XXA
Convert X98.8XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To X98.8XXA
Assault by hot fluids
Assault by hot household appliances
Assault by other hot objects
…… initial encounter
Assault by unspecified hot objects
Assault by sharp object
Assault by sharp glass
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.