External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.011D
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, law enforcement official injured, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Y35.011D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intervnt w inj by mch gun, law enforc offl inj, subs
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35.011D became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.011D - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.011D may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.011D describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y35.011D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.011D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y35.011D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y35.011D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.011D
Legal intervention involving unspecified firearm discharge, suspect injured
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, law enforcement official injured
…… subsequent encounter
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, bystander injured
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, suspect injured
Legal intervention involving injury by handgun
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.