External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.012A
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, bystander injured, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
- Y35.012A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intervnt w injury by mch gun, bystand injured, init
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35.012A became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.012A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.012A may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.012A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above Y35.012A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.012A
Convert Y35.012A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.012A
Legal intervention involving unspecified firearm discharge, suspect injured
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, bystander injured
…… initial encounter
Legal intervention involving injury by machine gun, suspect injured
Legal intervention involving injury by handgun
Legal intervention involving injury by handgun, law enforcement official injured
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.