External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.043A
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, suspect injured, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.043A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intervnt w injury by rubr bulet, suspect injured, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35.043A became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.043A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.043A may differ.
- Y35.043A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above Y35.043A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.043A
Convert Y35.043A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.043A
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, bystander injured
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, suspect injured
…… initial encounter
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge, bystander injured
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.