External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.049A
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, unspecified person injured, initial encounter
2020 - New Code Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.049A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intrvnt w injury by rubr bulet, unsp person inj, init
- ICD-10-CM Y35.049A is a new 2020 ICD-10-CM code that became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.049A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.049A may differ.
- Y35.049A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
The following code(s) above Y35.049A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.049A
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): New code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.049A
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, bystander injured
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, suspect injured
Legal intervention involving injury by rubber bullet, unspecified person injured
…… initial encounter
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving other firearm discharge, bystander injured
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.