External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.103D
Legal intervention involving unspecified explosives, suspect injured, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.103D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intervnt involving unsp explosv, suspect injured, subs
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35.103D became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.103D - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.103D may differ.
- Y35.103D describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y35.103D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.103D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y35.103D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y35.103D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.103D
Legal intervention involving unspecified explosives, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving unspecified explosives, bystander injured
Legal intervention involving unspecified explosives, suspect injured
…… subsequent encounter
Legal intervention involving injury by dynamite
Legal intervention involving injury by dynamite, law enforcement official injured
Legal intervention involving injury by dynamite, bystander injured
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.