External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y35.891D
Legal intervention involving other specified means, law enforcement official injured, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y35.891D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Legal intervnt w oth means, law enforc offl injured, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35.891D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35.891D - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35.891D may differ.
- Y35.891D describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y35.891D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y35.891D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y35.891D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y35.891D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y35.891D
Legal intervention involving a conducted energy device, unspecified person injured
Legal intervention involving other specified means
Legal intervention involving other specified means, law enforcement official injured
…… subsequent encounter
Legal intervention involving other specified means, bystander injured
Legal intervention involving other specified means, suspect injured
Legal intervention, means unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.