External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
Operations of war
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y36.051S
War operations involving accidental detonation of onboard marine weapons, civilian, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y36.051S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: War op w acc deton onboard marine weapons, civilian, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y36.051S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y36.051S - other international versions of ICD-10 Y36.051S may differ.
- Y36.051S describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y36.051S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y36.051S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y36.051S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y36.051S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y36.051S
War operations involving accidental detonation of onboard marine weapons
War operations involving accidental detonation of onboard marine weapons, military personnel
War operations involving accidental detonation of onboard marine weapons, civilian
War operations involving explosion of other marine weapons
War operations involving explosion of other marine weapons, military personnel
War operations involving explosion of other marine weapons, civilian
War operations involving destruction of aircraft
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.