External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
Operations of war
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y36.420D
War operations involving firearms pellets, military personnel, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y36.420D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: War operations involving firearms pellets, milt, subs
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y36.420D became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y36.420D - other international versions of ICD-10 Y36.420D may differ.
- Y36.420D describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y36.420D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y36.420D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y36.420D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y36.420D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y36.420D
War operations involving rubber bullets, civilian
War operations involving firearms pellets
War operations involving firearms pellets, military personnel
…… subsequent encounter
War operations involving firearms pellets, civilian
War operations involving other firearms discharge
War operations involving other firearms discharge, military personnel
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.