External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
Operations of war
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y36.471A
War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, civilian, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y36.471A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: War op w unintent restrict of air/airwy, civilian, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y36.471A became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y36.471A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y36.471A may differ.
- Y36.471A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y36.471A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y36.471A
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y36.471A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y36.471A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y36.471A
War operations involving intentional restriction of air and airway, civilian
War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway
War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, military personnel
War operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, civilian
…… initial encounter
War operations involving other forms of conventional warfare
War operations involving other forms of conventional warfare, military personnel
War operations involving other forms of conventional warfare, civilian
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.