External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
Operations of war
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y36.91XA
War operations involving unspecified weapon of mass destruction [WMD], initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y36.91XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: War operations involving unsp weapon of mass dest, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y36.91XA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y36.91XA - other international versions of ICD-10 Y36.91XA may differ.
- Y36.91XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y36.91XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y36.91XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y36.91XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y36.91XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y36.91XA
Unspecified war operations occurring after cessation of hostilities, civilian
Other and unspecified war operations
War operations, unspecified
War operations involving unspecified weapon of mass destruction [WMD]
…… initial encounter
War operations involving friendly fire
Military operations involving explosion of marine weapons
Military operations involving explosion of unspecified marine weapon
Military operations involving explosion of unspecified marine weapon, military personnel
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.