External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y37.010A
Military operations involving explosion of depth-charge, military personnel, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Y37.010A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Milt op involving explosion of depth-charge, milt, init
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37.010A became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37.010A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37.010A may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y37.010A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y37.010A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y37.010A
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y37.010A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y37.010A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y37.010A
Military operations involving explosion of unspecified marine weapon, military personnel
Military operations involving explosion of unspecified marine weapon, civilian
Military operations involving explosion of depth-charge
Military operations involving explosion of depth-charge, military personnel
…… initial encounter
Military operations involving explosion of depth-charge, civilian
Military operations involving explosion of marine mine
Military operations involving explosion of marine mine, military personnel
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.