External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y37.101A
Military operations involving unspecified destruction of aircraft, civilian, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y37.101A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Milt op involving unsp dest arcrft, civilian, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37.101A became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37.101A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37.101A may differ.
- Y37.101A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y37.101A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y37.101A
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y37.101A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y37.101A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y37.101A
Military operations involving destruction of aircraft
Military operations involving unspecified destruction of aircraft
Military operations involving unspecified destruction of aircraft, military personnel
Military operations involving unspecified destruction of aircraft, civilian
…… initial encounter
Military operations involving destruction of aircraft due to enemy fire or explosives
Military operations involving destruction of aircraft due to enemy fire or explosives, military personnel
Military operations involving destruction of aircraft due to enemy fire or explosives, civilian
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.