External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y37.490A
Military operations involving other forms of conventional warfare, military personnel, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y37.490A is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Milt op involving oth conventional warfare, milt, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37.490A became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37.490A - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37.490A may differ.
- Y37.490A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y37.490A
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y37.490A
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y37.490A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y37.490A to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y37.490A
Military operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, military personnel
Military operations involving unintentional restriction of air and airway, civilian
Military operations involving other forms of conventional warfare
Military operations involving other forms of conventional warfare, military personnel
…… initial encounter
Military operations involving other forms of conventional warfare, civilian
Military operations involving nuclear weapons
Military operations involving unspecified effect of nuclear weapon
Military operations involving unspecified effect of nuclear weapon, military personnel
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.