External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y37.90XA
Military operations, unspecified, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y37.90XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37.90XA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37.90XA - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37.90XA may differ.
- Y37.90XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y37.90XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y37.90XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y37.90XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y37.90XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y37.90XA
Military operations involving chemical weapons and other forms of unconventional warfare, military personnel
Military operations involving chemical weapons and other forms of unconventional warfare, civilian
Other and unspecified military operations
Military operations, unspecified
…… initial encounter
Military operations involving unspecified weapon of mass destruction [WMD]
Military operations involving friendly fire
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.