External causes of morbidity
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Y37.90XS
Military operations, unspecified, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y37.90XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37.90XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37.90XS - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37.90XS may differ.
- Y37.90XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Y37.90XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Y37.90XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- Y37.90XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert Y37.90XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Y37.90XS
Military operations involving chemical weapons and other forms of unconventional warfare, civilian
Other and unspecified military operations
Military operations, unspecified
Military operations involving unspecified weapon of mass destruction [WMD]
Military operations involving friendly fire
Terrorism involving explosion of marine weapons
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.