Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Persons encountering health services for examinations
Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis Z01
Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis Z01-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as Z01. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- encounter for examination for administrative purposes (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z02
- Z02 Encounter for administrative examination
- Z02.0 Encounter for examination for admission to ed...
- Z02.1 Encounter for pre-employment examination
- Z02.2 Encounter for examination for admission to re...
- Z02.3 Encounter for examination for recruitment to ...
- Z02.4 Encounter for examination for driving license...
- Z02.5 Encounter for examination for participation i...
- Z02.6 Encounter for examination for insurance purpo...
- Z02.7 Encounter for issue of medical certificate
- Z02.71 Encounter for disability determination
- Z02.79 Encounter for issue of other medical certific...
- Z02.8 Encounter for other administrative examinatio...
- Z02.81 Encounter for paternity testing
- Z02.82 Encounter for adoption services
- Z02.83 Encounter for blood-alcohol and blood-drug te...
- Z02.89 Encounter for other administrative examinatio...
- Z02.9 Encounter for administrative examinations, un...
- encounter for examination for suspected conditions, proven not to exist (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z03
- Z03 Encounter for medical observation for suspect...
- Z03.6 Encounter for observation for suspected toxic...
- Z03.7 Encounter for suspected maternal and fetal co...
- Z03.71 Encounter for suspected problem with amniotic...
- Z03.72 Encounter for suspected placental problem rul...
- Z03.73 Encounter for suspected fetal anomaly ruled o...
- Z03.74 Encounter for suspected problem with fetal gr...
- Z03.75 Encounter for suspected cervical shortening r...
- Z03.79 Encounter for other suspected maternal and fe...
- Z03.8 Encounter for observation for other suspected...
- Z03.81 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.810 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.818 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.89 Encounter for observation for other suspected...
- encounter for laboratory and radiologic examinations as a component of general medical examinations (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z00.0
Encounter for general adult medical examination
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- Encounter for adult periodic examination (annual) (physical) and any associated laboratory and radiologic examinations
Type 1 Excludes
- encounter for examination of sign or symptom- code to sign or symptom
- general health check-up of infant or child (Z00.12.-)
- encounter for laboratory, radiologic and imaging examinations for sign(s) and symptom(s) - code to the sign(s) or symptom(s)
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (Z01) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- routine examination of specific system
- Z01 Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis
- Z01.0 Encounter for examination of eyes and vision
- Z01.00 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.01 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.02 Encounter for examination of eyes and vision following failed vision screening
- Z01.020 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.021 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.1 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing
- Z01.10 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.11 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing with abnormal findings
- Z01.110 Encounter for hearing examination following failed hearing screening
- Z01.118 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing with other abnormal findings
- Z01.12 Encounter for hearing conservation and treatment
- Z01.2 Encounter for dental examination and cleaning
- Z01.20 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.21 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.3 Encounter for examination of blood pressure
- Z01.30 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.31 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.4 Encounter for gynecological examination
- Z01.41 Encounter for routine gynecological examination
- Z01.411 Encounter for gynecological examination (general) (routine) with abnormal findings
- Z01.419 Encounter for gynecological examination (general) (routine) without abnormal findings
- Z01.42 Encounter for cervical smear to confirm findings of recent normal smear following initial abnormal smear
- Z01.8 Encounter for other specified special examinations
- Z01.81 Encounter for preprocedural examinations
- Z01.810 Encounter for preprocedural cardiovascular examination
- Z01.811 Encounter for preprocedural respiratory examination
- Z01.812 Encounter for preprocedural laboratory examination
- Z01.818 Encounter for other preprocedural examination
- Z01.82 Encounter for allergy testing
- Z01.83 Encounter for blood typing
- Z01.84 Encounter for antibody response examination
- Z01.89 Encounter for other specified special examinations