Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Genetic carrier and genetic susceptibility to disease
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z14
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- Z14 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z14 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z14 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z14 may differ.
The following code(s) above Z14
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Z14
- description:the patient is considered as carrier based on the testing results. A carrier is an individual who carries an altered form of a gene which can lead to having a child or offspring in future generations with a genetic disorder.
- An individual who is heterozygous for a recessive gene and thus does not express the recessive phenotype but can transmit the gene to offspring.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Z14
Encounter for screening for osteoporosis
Encounter for screening for other musculoskeletal disorder
Encounter for screening for respiratory disorder NEC
Encounter for screening for dental disorders
Encounter for screening for nervous system disorders
Encounter for screening for traumatic brain injury
Encounter for screening for other nervous system disorders
Encounter for screening for disorder due to exposure to contaminants
Encounter for screening for other disorder
Encounter for screening, unspecified
Hemophilia A carrier
Asymptomatic hemophilia A carrier
Symptomatic hemophilia A carrier
Cystic fibrosis carrier
Genetic carrier of other disease
Genetic susceptibility to disease
Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.