Genetic susceptibility to disease Z15
Genetic susceptibility to disease Z15-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as Z15. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- chromosomal anomalies (Q90-Q99
ICD-10-CM Range Q90-Q99
Chromosomal abnormalities, not elsewhere classified
Type 2 Excludes
- mitochondrial metabolic disorders (E88.4-)
- Q90 Down syndrome
- Q91 Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13
- Q92 Other trisomies and partial trisomies of...
- Q93 Monosomies and deletions from the autoso...
- Q95 Balanced rearrangements and structural m...
- Q96 Turner's syndrome
- Q97 Other sex chromosome abnormalities, fema...
- Q98 Other sex chromosome abnormalities, male...
- Q99 Other chromosome abnormalities, not else...
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- Z15 Genetic susceptibility to disease
- Z15.0 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm
- Z15.8 Genetic susceptibility to other disease
- Z15.81 Genetic susceptibility to multiple endocrine neoplasia [MEN]
- Z15.89 Genetic susceptibility to other disease