Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction
Encounter for contraceptive management
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z30.019
Encounter for initial prescription of contraceptives, unspecified
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Female Dx POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Z30.019 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Encounter for initial prescription of contraceptives, unsp
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z30.019 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z30.019 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z30.019 may differ.
- Z30.019 is applicable to female patients.
The following code(s) above Z30.019
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Z30.019
Present On Admission
- Implantable subdermal contraceptive for initial prescription done
- Implantable subdermal contraceptive, initial prescription
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Z30.019 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Z30.019 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 951 Other factors influencing health status
Convert Z30.019 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Z30.019
Encounter for general counseling and advice on contraception
Encounter for initial prescription of contraceptives
Encounter for initial prescription of contraceptive pills
Encounter for prescription of emergency contraception
Encounter for initial prescription of injectable contraceptive
Encounter for initial prescription of intrauterine contraceptive device
Encounter for initial prescription of vaginal ring hormonal contraceptive
Encounter for initial prescription of transdermal patch hormonal contraceptive device
Encounter for initial prescription of implantable subdermal contraceptive
Encounter for initial prescription of other contraceptives
Counseling and instruction in natural family planning to avoid pregnancy
Encounter for other general counseling and advice on contraception
Encounter for sterilization
Encounter for surveillance of contraceptives
Encounter for surveillance of contraceptive pills
Encounter for surveillance of injectable contraceptive
Encounter for surveillance of intrauterine contraceptive device
Encounter for insertion of intrauterine contraceptive device
Encounter for routine checking of intrauterine contraceptive device
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.